Tuesday, September 25

Lessons from: THE GOAL


Lessons from: THE GOAL

Thinking Aloud ... the next few sentences are an effort to pen down the erudition after being overwhelmed with the experience while comprehending the Bestseller of all times:

First 2 learnings :-
  • There is nothing called "the best solution" to any problem as long as it’s the last time one encounters that problem.
  • The change is the easiest thing in the world if we realize we need to change.
Well, the next thought that occurred to me was, 'Are we so gifted that we can always solve our conflicts autonomously?' and the answer was apparently ‘NO’. So the question is how to reach to a conclusion and this time without much thought, all cells of my central nervous system in chorus echoed “Go!! and find Johnah”. I silently nodded and I stepped forward but something pulled me back, 'Do I really know what the problem is?'


And the 3rd lesson came up:-

  • Until we know what the problem is, no Johnah can help us.
Then it was the time to follow the standard procedure... defining the problem, identifying the GOAL, choosing alternatives and blabbla ... by now we all engineers turning to managers are expert in this process (aren't we? It’s just that, at times we do not want to engage in mundane activities) tend to forget few basic things like:-
  • The word “problem” has not been copyrighted by operations or manufacturing giants. Its definition holds true for a simplest task such as 'deciding electives' as well. (learning 4)
·  There can be multiple purposes associated with a task but ‘Goal’ around which the solution resolves is unique and every other activity is found to be interrelated to it. (learning 5)
I think now it’s time to keep the pen down and give it a thought before we proceed further. These were glimpses of the learning that I could accomplish after reading one of the bestsellers GOAL.


Disclaimer: I hereby, declare that the information shared above it true to my knowledge and I could very well relate all these lessons practically. But, no one knows, may be after few years when I think over these lines, I again realize “how dumb I was” .... :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you 2021 for all that you offered

Thank you!! 2021 for all you offered ๐Ÿ‘ Thank you 2021 for all you proffered,  Inspite challenges, we became stronger; Vaccine unlocked the ...